Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:40:25 -0400
From:      "Sabeeh Baig" <baigsabeeh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bus_dmamem_alloc failed to align memory properly

>Still hoping for an answer, as the PC locked up hard a few more times,
>always when trying to exit the X server (normal logout/all clients
>terminated, ctl-alt-bs, init 6).  The PC is a Dell Optiplex 740.  Its
>onboard video is NVidia NVS 210S nVidia GForce 6150, but that is
>disabled when an add-in video card is present (wasn't present in the
>'pciconf -lv' I posted last week).

>What can I do to determine whether the X11 problem is
>"bus_dmamem_alloc failed to align memory properly" or something
>else with the card?

What driver are you using?  Radeons don't exactly play well with
FreeBSD at the moment.  They hardly ever have.  Have you tried using
just the Vesa driver to see if it really is a driver issue?  The
driver might be the root of the problems because the radeonhd doesn't
support older cards.

Sabeeh Ahmed Baig