Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2001 15:02:04 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Nicole <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Cc:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, ppX <c4@worldclass.jolt.nu>
Subject:   Re: Problem with fxp0 card and slowing/dying transmits - still :

> Ahha.. Well.. Nice new word for the day "wonky"  I like that :)
>
> Yea.. as I change things on the server, I can see the switch respond to my
>settings when it it is autoconfig mode. (worried abt that too :> )
>
> So then it *Could* be the motherboard.. I mean whats left, right?

   It's very unlikely, but stranger things have happend. One other thing -
on some switches the new settings don't take effect until they are properly
written out to NVRAM. You might want to verify that the new switch settings
are really getting set.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.