Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:15:28 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        "Chris" <racerx@makeworld.com>, "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KMail export to Outlook

On Saturday 04 October 2003 09:36 am, Chris wrote:
> Is there a way to take my mail (from KMail) and either export it to, or
> some other app that will allow me to pull in all the mail into Outlook2000?
>
> Best regards,
>                  Chris

KMail allows you to create mailbox folders in maildir or mbox format.
Assuming the Outlook client is on a different computer than KMail, you can:

1. Make sure your /var/mail/username mailbox is empty.
2. Create an mbox email folder in KMail.
3. Move or copy all the messages you want to transfer into the new mbox
folder.
4. Close KMail.
5. Copy the new KMail (mbox) file to /var/mail/username.
6. Install, configure, start a POP server. (qpopper for example).
7. Download the email in to Outlook via POP.

There are probably simpler, more elegant solutions; but it works.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould