Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:55:57 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/45167: How do I appeal a closure?

In message <26490000.1036929144@lerlaptop.lerctr.org>, Larry Rosenman writes:
>Can some commiters (other than imp), look at bin/45167 and let me know
>if I'm totally off base on objecting to the closure of this PR with no
>commit or
>backout?

Did you try the workaround that Warner suggested? I think you just
need to download the -current version of the libc.so.3 compat
library, for example from cvsweb at:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/lib/compat/compat3x.i386/libc.so.3.gz.uu?rev=1.4&content-type=text/plain

When you get this file, uudecode it, gunzip it and then try it
instead of the libc.so.3 that you have. Confirmation from you that
this works would be very helpful.

Yes, ideally everything would happen in the best order - backouts
while testing solutions, PRs remaining open until the problem is
fully fixed etc, but unfortunately sometimes human factors mean
that it doesn't happen exactly this way. It's much more beneficial
if you try to report on the success and failure of workarounds
instead of just becoming frustrated.

Ian