Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 12:38:08 +1200
From:      rshea@opendoor.co.nz
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dougy@brizzie.org
Subject:   (Fwd) Re: upgrade from 4.0 to 4.3

> I have that happen with over 50% of ports etc .... most reliably way
> to upgrade
> appears to be save anything you need on another machine & do a fresh
> install
> from CD

Is this really true ? I've got a 3.4-RELEASE machine which I've never cvsupped.
I've been putting off the evil day (everything is nice and stable and I'm
disinclined to rock the boat).

Am I right in thinking that I can cvsup up from 3.4-R to some current level ?

regards

richard shea

Open Door Ltd
PO Box 119-46