Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:01:23 -0700
From:      "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   network trouble -> newbie out of depth

Ok. I have come to grips with the fact that I'm a bit out of my depth. Here's the story in brief:

-installed(eventually; it's like some kind of test, isn't it?) from 04/04 iso image
-system is up and running on a Ultra 5/333.
-something is amiss with networking:
	-interface works; I can ping machines on my LAN
	-when I try to communicate with a machine beyond, I get no route to host
	-so I'm missing something conf wise.
	-I do have the default router defined in rc.conf

I'm sure I'm missing something easy, and yes, I did search the list archives. I'm also looking into the UPDATING file under the -CURRENT branch and not seeing anything...

Any suggestions? Am happy to rtfm if there's a doc I should see...

-J