Date:      Fri, 10 Jun 2016 02:54:54 +0000
From:      David Bright <david_a_bright@dell.com>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "net@FreeBSD.org" <net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: DHCPv6 Support in FreeBSD Base

On Jun 9, 2016, at 18:08, Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> I am concerned that by
> replacing it completely we might be going to lose accumulated
> improvements in our code though I do not have a complete list of them
> nor closely look into the current ISC's code.  If no one investigated
> it, it need to be done.

A fair point.

> Is it difficult for us to think two clients for IPv4 and IPv6
> respectively?  Importing a DHCPv6-only client looks much easier even
> if we use ISC's code.

I thought of that. It certainly would be possible, although it would mean t=
wo clients providing essentially duplicate functionality, thereby leading t=
o some bloat in the system image size.

--=20
David A. Bright
Storage Development Principal Engineer
Dell | Compellent
office +1 952 392 5861
Cube J-731, 7615 Smetana Lane, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
David_A_Bright@DELL.com