Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:59:03 -0700
From:      Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@cox.net>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA corruption in DMA mode

Gregory Bond wrote:

> > I broke the mirror and tested each drive separately on the HPT
> > controller in DMA mode - there were no problems.  I recreated the mirror
> > and the corruption of large files came back.
>
> This suggests to me (who knows nothing about the HPT hardware) that the
> problem is in the HPT RAID firmware.  Got the latest version?

I've upgraded to the latest BIOS release for my motherboard, which
includes version 2.32 of the HPT BIOS.  It did not fix the problem.
Before that, I ran an earlier BIOS that included version 2.31 of the HPT
BIOS.

Can someone tell me how much RAID1 functionality is done by FreeBSD as
opposed to the HPT372?  I'm wondering if the problem is FreeBSD or the
HPT controller itself...

Thanks,

Janet