Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 20:07:29 -0400
From:      mcaughey@infi.net (Michael Caughey)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Popper setup ???

Ok  this question is for all of you POP Gurus...

    I'm setting (trying atleast) to set up a POP using the popper that was
sent with the CD ROM from Walnut creek.  I have the inetd.conf reflecting
where it is for both POP2 and POP3.  When I log into in via a lan connection
with the Eudora mailer I get the following message displayed on the UNIX
moniter:

...popper[100]: Client address "?.?.?.8" not listed for its host name
"mydomain_name.com"

    The last "mydomain_name.com" directly relfects the first entry in the
/etc/hosts file that follows the ?.?.?.1 IP address which also is the
address that Eudora is trying to connect to.  ?.?.?.8 is the clients IP
address.  I'm assuming that there is something that I need to set up for the
popper, since I have not configured anything except the inetd.conf file and
the location of the file after unzipping it.

    Since there is not much in the way of real ducumentation and a quick
scan of the man page tells me nothing about configurung the popper, I'm
going to plead my case here.

    Thanks in advance!
| Michael Caughey.                         |
| mcaughey@infi.net                        |
| running FreeBSD 2.0!                     |