Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:10:32 +0300
From:      Igor Popov <Igor@Garant.Koenig.RU>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd and tun

--Boundary-02=_tHRbATzI7lYQYEN

	Hi,=20
I have a question: would be natd work with tun device? I had already asked=
=20
this question when FreeBSD 5.2 were released
Someone have answered to me that I should use ppp builtin nat, because dive=
rt=20
sockets doesn't work with tun. Simple rules like this
	divert all from any to any via tun0
	allow all from any to any
did not work. Now I use ipfilter, but I prefer to use ipfw, it is more usab=
le=20
on FreeBSD. Also there is OpenBSD' pf, but it is hard to use with dynamical=
ly=20
created interfaces.

=2D-=20
"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work."
		-- Gallagher

--Boundary-02=_tHRbATzI7lYQYEN

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

iQEVAwUAQG0R7YE3+5OFEFEBAQGJRQf5AfnzBDEqnuIZqqZT+Rxb+pW4Yyb/UI5z
JqXKxYM4dip5MPuTS4L8STHFTI2jfn4dBDlmoF57yZ28g/82asxJmxxG9iYHngic
cTD+8Bd9zjpfqP/ELcX0VcaQKXCDxBm2o05WK9yPVYDuQ/qiVHU0/by61Ol3rnB8
Uf0vp2n8+QKtM/GWacprT/8sq8w6KfvBpHFP/veypbbpXB36gig9hx2nQCJjSsAH
KvotosMKCV/b8Q4wY5gfnvLJZXINB02mTTB1+JHsGFJA6/uVvthoNdY8tQTVkZyh
lEbH9ih0d94iR6BrKEPBZa59YI4unudhiFCWEKlppq3vVkvWgBcVuQ==
=xf/5
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--Boundary-02=_tHRbATzI7lYQYEN--