Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:58:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      freebsd-stable@rikrose.net
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radeon + A7A266 + XFree86-4.1.0 + spontaneous reboot woes...

Hi all,

I'm following -STABLE. I have an Athlon 1400 MHz on an Asus A7A266, with a
Radeon VIVO graphics card. I have XFree86 4.1.0 from ports, and I have
discovered (much to my dismay) that X reboots the machine quite
consistently.

I noticed that as far back ago as June this problem was reported to
the -stable list, with Mike Smith stepping forwards to say he was
investigating it. That was June, and it's now September...

this a -stable problem, or an XFree problem. Where should I send a problem
report? IMHO, this shouldn't be able to reboot the machine, so even if
this is an XFree86 problem, you guys should know.

Are there any fixes in the pipeline? Did you even know? Should I submit a
PR?

rik