Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 14:22:34 -0400
From:      "David Stein" <dstein@mediaone.net>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>, <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Suggestion - List IRC resources

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEF617.C3D43E60

I'd like to suggest that I haven't seen IRC listed as a resource for =
FreeBSD.  Currently there is at least two IRC channels on EFNET and I =
haven't looked at other servers.  Comparatively, there are tons of linux =
support channels, and the NetBSD IRC channel has more people than the =
two FreeBSD IRC channels.

Its great to be able to go to an email list for help.  But sometimes its =
just as good to go to an IRC channel to chat and get a quick tip.  But =
this only works if there are plenty of people there so you can get a =
couple of opinions and hopefully an expert or two who likes to hang out =
in chat.

So I'd like to suggest that you include IRC as a possible resource (on =
the freebsd.org web site, and in "The Complete FreeBSD").  There are two =
channels I know of on EFNET:  #freebsdhelp and #freebsdadmin.  This =
would be a nice addition to the support network for FreeBSD, if there =
were more people there.

And you can make it happen. =20

Thanks!

Dave Stein

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEF617.C3D43E60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'd like to suggest that I haven't seen =
IRC listed=20
as a resource for FreeBSD.&nbsp; Currently there is at least two IRC =
channels on=20
EFNET and I haven't looked at other servers.&nbsp; Comparatively, there =
are tons=20
of linux support channels, and the NetBSD IRC&nbsp;channel has more =
people than=20
the two FreeBSD IRC channels.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Its great to be able to go to an email =
list for=20
help.&nbsp; But sometimes its just as good to go to an IRC channel to =
chat and=20
get a quick tip.&nbsp; But this only works if there are plenty of people =
there=20
so you can get a couple of opinions and hopefully an expert or two who =
likes to=20
hang out in chat.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So I'd like to suggest that you include =
IRC as a=20
possible resource (on the freebsd.org web site, and in "The Complete=20
FreeBSD").&nbsp; There are two channels I know of on EFNET:&nbsp; =
#freebsdhelp=20
and #freebsdadmin.&nbsp; This would be a nice addition to the support =
network=20
for FreeBSD, if there were more people there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And you can make it happen.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dave Stein</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEF617.C3D43E60--