Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:18:12 -0400
From:      Jeffrey Meltzer <meltzer@icsnet.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Libretto

OK. I'm running through this again, step by step on the Libretto.

Booting w/ a FreeBSD boot disk

Going through the first visual config screen, getting rid of some
conflicts.
Here's what i have left:
Storage:
Floppy Disk Controller
IDE/ESDI/MFM Disk Controller
Network:
NE1000,NE2000,3C503,WD/80xx Ethernet Adapters (actually i've got a
Linksys Ethercard)
Communications:
Parallel Printer Port
8250/16450/16550 Serial Port
Input:
PS/2 Mouse
Syscons Console Driver
and a bunch of PCI stuff it won't let me get rid of

Next it hit the next screen
Novice Installation
Go into the pseudo fdisk
I've got my 150MB dos partition, and i choose 'C' to create a freebsd
partition out of the rest of
the disk.  i set both partitions to bootable

Next, i choose the BootMgr, so i can still use the dos partition

in the Disklabel editor, i choose 'A', to let it autoselect the sizes of
the partitions

Next, i Choose 'A', for all sources and X-window system

Next, i choose to install from a dos partition (freebsd is sitting at
c:\freebsd)

it goes through writing partition, newgs, and all that jazz

next thing i know, it dumps me back at the screen when i chose 'a', for
all sources and x-window system

i hit alt+f2
and i can see

a couple cpio's

/mnt/stand/etc
/mnt/stand/etc/protocols
/mnt/stand/etc/rc.conf
and a bunch of other stand things

/mnt/etc
/mnt/etc/protocols
and the same things from just above, without the stand

DEBUG: Generating /etc/fstab file
DEBUG: DOS Partition /etc/wd0s1 mounted

and that's it.
crapped out.