Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 18:44:28 -0600
From:      Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@dsj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Colours in Mutt

On Sat, Aug 14, 1999 at 06:17:35PM -0400, David S. Jackson wrote:

> Since Mutt works fine under normal circumstances, the fault probably
> lies with Tera Term in how it recognizes/interprets color escapes.
> Sounds like your TERM environment is okay since Vim works.  Did you
> build Mutt with SLang or ncurses?  That might be the culpret possibly.

I have tried using a number of other terminal emulators, and have
encountered the same problem every time.  I would be interested
in trying the SLang/ncurses thing, but I'm not sure which one was
used at compile time.  I just installed the port using 'make install'
and due to my nearly non-existant programming experience, cannot tell
which one is selected by default.

> ideas:  Try other tty-based color programs such as lynx, slrn, elvis,
> whatever.  See if you can isolate consistencies among the color
> resources that don't work.  IE, do all your curses-based color
> programs work?  All your SLang-built programs work?  Etc.  I don't
> know a thing about Tera Term, so more than this I cannot say.  I think
> I remember some TTY related info from Sven Guckes homepage.  You can
> search for it or I can find it for you if you can't.  Wish I could
> better answer your question!
> --

I have used lynx as well, and colours do not work with that either.

I will experiment a bit and see if I can come up with anything.

--
Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.