Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:12:25
From:      RChetty@gnn.com (Raj Chetty)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install FreeBSD in OS/2 warp partition

I have a IBM Aptiva with 8meg memory. The hard disk is an EIDE set up us
master and connected to local bus. It is partitioned as follows using FDISK
that came with OS/2 Warp.

	Primary partition --------------Boot Manager------------Startable
	Primary partition ----drive c---pc-dos/win 3.1---FAT----bootable
	Extended partitions---drive d---data files-------FAT----
			     	  drive e---min OS/2---------HPFS---bootable
				  drive f---OS/2 Warp etc----HPFS---bootable.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to install(Novice) FreeBSD on drive 'e' after deleting min
   OS/2? This partition is 48MBytes in size.

2. If the answer to question 1 is no what should be changed? I am willing to
   re-partition the hard drive and re-install the other systems if there is
   a procedure that is known to work.

3. Is there a write-up that deals with the situation I have?

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks

Chetty