Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:18:57 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Matthias F. Brandstetter" <haimat@lame.at>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vinum bootsrapping perl script

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:

MFB> I used the "Bootstrapping Vinum" for several 4.10 servers now without any
MFB> problems. Now I tried it with a new 5.2.1 server, but I get an error
MFB> there.
MFB>
MFB> Since sysinstall gives other values (or names) for partitions, the perl
MFB> script does not work any longer (it says root and rootback partition
MFB> aren't the same size).
MFB>
MFB> Any chance to contact the author of this text?
MFB> Would be glad to get some help on this...

Well, this articles is (partly) obsolete even for 4.x/5.2 as Vinum can be set
up for root partition. And for 5.3+ we have gvinum which is completely (well,
mostly) another beast.

I had a plan to rewrite the article as I spent rather much time with Vinum @job
but ENOTIME yet.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                        [DM5020, MCK-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@FreeBSD.org ***