Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 01:42:02 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us
Cc:        erich@lodgenet.com, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: socks5

Hello, I'm Satoshi, the ports manager.

 * Anyhow, my plan at the moment to is rip out the broken "autoconfig"
 * thing and just include the config.h file and the server and lib parts
 * of the tree.
 *
 * To whom do I submit it ?

Please go read section 4.3 of the handbook, it's available from
http://www.freebsd.org/How/handbook or on your nearby -current system.
You will find all you need to create the perfect port (and much more).

If you have questions, I suggest you ask Eric, he's done a fair number
of ports and also seems to know about the socks stuff too.  He also
has commit priviledges, which means he can put it in the main ports
tree when you are done.  (We're in a code freeze now though, so I
can't guarantee that it will make it to 2.1.)

Thanks!

Satoshi