Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 96 20:26:25 UT
From:      "Josh Williams" <Williams_J@msn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A fairly common install problem?

Hi.  I've been searching through the archives of the list and I've seen this
question pop up quite a few times.  Every time I try to install FreeBSD it
comes up with the error that it can't write to the disk or something like
that.  The debug screen says there's a checksum error when it opens the bin.aa
file.  I'm sure I downloaded it correctly from the FreeBSD.org ftp site, since
I used three different FTP programs using binary transfer on all three.  So
far I haven't really seen anything that'll fix my problem.  Could you tell me
exactly how to fix this problem, if it can be fixed?  I'm sure there's a
solution if so many people are having this problem.  Oh well.  Thanks.
			- J. Williams
			  Williams_J@msn.com