Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:23:27 +0200
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Windows as opposed to Other OS's

Charles writes:

> ... at that point my interest in computers
> went from purely play to actually wanting to
> understand them.

This is the crucial difference between yourself and 99% of computer users.
Most people just use computers as tools; they don't care how they work.  And
for people who use them only as tools, Windows is dramatically superior to
any flavor of UNIX, without any doubt.  The Mac is a viable alterative, if
for some reason they really don't want Windows; the Mac has many
disadvantages, but at least it is still usable.  However, the best choice is
Windows, and that is not changing.  Nobody outside the community of geeks
uses anything else.

> So, what it comes down to is: Use whatever
> you are most comfortable with, no matter what
> anyone else tells you.

Yes.  What the geeks never seem to understand, though, is that everyone else
is comfortable with Windows (except for a handful who prefer the Mac).