Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:16:41 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NATD redirect_port

Many games require inbound packets to the game PC to have special port
numbers. When these games are played on a LAN PC the NATD function
translates the special game port number to an dynamic port numbers at the
same time it does the ip translation of the ip address to/from
private/public numbers and the game will not work. Natd has an natd.conf
file command that half address this problem.

Redirect_port protocol privateip:port#  publicport#

This special command tells NATD to bypass it's normal processing every time
it gets an inbound packet with an port number of publicport# and instead of
checking the NAT private IP table for the correct private ip address to use,
just use the privateip:port#  from this command. By entering the special
port# number of the game for both port# and publicport# it will use that
port number for the packet it sends to the LAN game PC. The obvious problem
to this is it only allows one LAN PC to plan the game.

My question, is there some other syntax of the NATD redirect_port command or
some other command where I can tell NATD to use it's normal process of ip
translation between private and public, but when it sees the special port
number to use it on the packet it sends to the LAN pc, instead of doing it's
normal dynamic port number creation?  I want the ability to run the game on
all the LAN pc's.

Thanks for your help
Joe