Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:05:31 -0800
From:      Eric <eric@astria.tek-shop.com>(by way of Eric <eric@tek-shop.com>)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   keeping a local collection of port sources

hello...

I'm trying to set up a local storage area for all of the ports and packages
including sources and tarballs. I have the CD set, and I want to copy
everything to a dir on a spare hard disk, so when I do a pkg_add or a port
make install, it has a local copy of the code and just compiles it.

I can't find out how tell the ports system to look at a local directory
rather than the CD.

This seems simple in theory, and I'm sure it's nothin new, but I'm missing
something. Any ideas?

Thanks

eric
www.tek-shop.com