Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:39:27 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1017167967.107db4@mired.org>
To:        Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail Autoreply Tool

[Context lost to top posting.[

In <3.0.5.32.20020321122750.011ed5f0@mail.sage-one.net>, Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net> typed:
> Well, once I found a way around the vacation 'interval' limits by using a
> cron job to run every 5 minutes to clear out the database, I now like
> "vacation" even better than autoreply... for order confirmations.

FYI, I just wrote an autoresponder. It allows you to use a template
file to fill in names, addresses, etc. No cron job needed to clean the
database.

The only downside is that you have to install the TMDA system to use
it, as it uses facilities included in that. Then again, TMDA is the
best spam reduction system I know of, so installing it may be
worthwhile in and of itself.

	<mike