Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:49:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        Mike Lempriere <mike@vintners.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: list spam

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Mike Lempriere wrote:

> I've had it with the list spam -- is the any possibility of moderating this
> list, or changing it to must-be-subscriber-to-post?

I have a humble suggestion that perhaps the FreeBSD Foundation could
handle...  Seeing as Cisco recently bought a company that builds an
anti-spam appliance that runs FreeBSD, perhaps it would be worthwhile to
ping someone at cisco about a donation of one of these boxes.

If it's as nice as the Barracuda, it would give the mailing list
maintainers time to focus on everything else beyond the spam.

Some links:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jobs/2007-December/000548.html
http://www.ironport.com/products/

Just a random thought...