Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:57:11 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rse@engelschall.com
Subject:   Apache13-modssl port failures

Dies at startup time with something to the effect of:

Missing reference libproxy.so(_SSLv23_client_method())

or somesuch.  I'm sorry I don't have a better error message, but I was
forced to re-install the stock Apache13 port in the interim.

Does anyone know what's going on?  The method in question is defined in
/usr/local/lib/libssl.a, but is used in modules/proxy/proxy_util.c.  I
tried statically linking in /usr/local/lib/libssl.a, but it didn't seem
to want to bring in the necessary .o's from the static library.  (I'm
not sure if this would have worked in any case, since the object files
were not compiled PIC in libssl.a...)

Any ideas on how to get past this?

Nate