Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:34:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mobile Computer <mobile@vta.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA 16550A Serial ( Socket i/o card )

Fri Dec 15 11:59:19 EST 2000

www.socketcom.com ?

Yes, I think this is exactly what I am looking for, in a better price
range than what I have been seeing from other manufacturers I had been
looking at, too. Thanks, Achim.  Warner, if your're listening, just in
case one of these cards fails to work for me ( obviously prior to  any
intrusive measures I have planned ), I'll pass it along to you --  feel
free  to  place  it way at the bottom of whatever pile - O - cards. For
reference, My 2 test laptops are a Toshiba 1695CDT running 3.5 RELEASE
PAO, and a crufty old a.out Toshiba 2505 CDS running 2.2.7 RELEASE PAO.

Although it is larger than I'd like it to be, my proof of concept box is
a $21 tower case containing an Asus P55TP4XE, a  modified  Comtrol ISA
serial card, and  about $20 worth of dumpster food,  happily  booting a
suitably  mangled  circa 2.1.7-SNAP  or so kernel. As  such,  I  have a
working backup plan securely in place. :^)

Guy Boyd

reply to: mobile@vta.com

VTA Inc. / VTA Technologies
Atlanta, Georgia