Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:19:32 -0500
From:      "Steve P." <rczero@mail.com>
To:        "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disklabel messup.

Illoai,=20

You were right. There is nothing wrong.=20

Part of my problem was that I had never had or seen anything on other slice=
s. Now I have two fbsd installs, ad0s1 and ad02 and I mistook ad0s2's missi=
ng info as applying to ad0s1.=20

What I really want to do is use ad0s1 as my production install and ad0s2 as=
 my test install. I guess my procedure would be to copy prod to test, then =
perform any testing for new ports, etc. Then once tested, perform those sam=
e actions on ad0s1.=20

I have been reading up on how to "clone" a disk, so I can boot into a copy.=
 Seems like some say tar can do it, but I have seen a place that said to on=
ly use dump. Oh, well. I am not quite there yet, working on baby steps.=20

----- Original Message -----=20