Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!plutotech.com!ken, ponds!super-g.com!spork
Cc:        ponds!FreeBSD.ORG!hackers
Subject:   Re: Netscape & floating point core dumps?

> spork wrote...
> > > other ftp servers yet.  So far, it seems to be pretty stable.
> >
> > Have you tried backspacing in the URL field yet?  It's a cruel joke.  Alot
> > of keymappings are just wrong.  To scroll up and down a page with arrow
> > keys, you must use "shift arrow"...  And a warning message pops up each
> > time a preferences dialog box is opened.
>
> 	I don't see *any* of those bugs.  I can backspace in the URL field
> just fine, I can use the plain arrow keys (no shift) to scroll up and down
> a page, and no warning message pops up when I open the preferences dialog
> box.
>
> 	For the keymapping problems, I suspect that something in your X
> setup is broken.  As far as the preferences go, I have no clue.
>

> Ken
> --
> Kenneth Merry
> ken@plutotech.com

 I would get these types of problems when the fonts weren't created
correctly... or the AppDefaults weren't set correctly.

 Things to check:

	1) Go to your font directories (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/)
	   and do a mkfontdir in each of the directories you find
	   there.

	2) Make sure the netscape app-defaults file is present in
	   /usr/X11R6/lib/app-defaults.  Don't just copy it, but
	   rename Netscape.ad to just Netscape and place it in that
	   directory.

These two items, combined, usually cure these type of problem.

	- Dave Rivers -