Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:13:50 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Argo Direct Ltd - Mark Roach" <info@argodirect.com>
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD

With open-source UNIXoid operating systems, you essentially trade your time and
effort in exchange for a savings in cash outlay.  If you have a lot of very
competent geeks on staff, FreeBSD (or any flavor of UNIX, actually) may work out
well; if you have no geeks but a reasonable budget, Windows is probably a better
choice.

I'll agree that if you already have BackOffice in place, there is no really
compelling reason to change to FreeBSD.