Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:21:40 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw vs ipf : pros/cons

I've been recently introduced to ipf.  I've been using ipfw for my
firewall/router on my home subnet.  For such an application (ie. a three
node subnet), where the rules are pretty basic, I can't see any reason for
me to switch.

I'm not wishing to start a flame war, but what I am looking for is stuff I
may be missing.  I''ve concluded that the reporting within ipf is better
in terms of packets denied etc, but what other possible reasons would
exist for me to change?  Given my situation.

Advise always appreciated.

--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited