Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 07:32:04 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   A complaint about procedure.

My attempts to "verify" that -current is buildable have led me to observe
that the precise concern that I previously expressed is a reality.

There are individuals who are making fundamental changes to the structure
of the Makefiles which are not coompatible with the changes that I am
making. I cannot possibly create a working system to hand to you if I am
having to shoot at such a moving target.

That is why I feel that it is NECESSARY to have some planning rather than
the present anarchy. Why do you allow some individuals the right to do
things which become direct roadblocks to other efforts?

If we cannot create an atmosphere wherein there is coordination as to the
direction of changes, I cannot contribute in this area.

Frankly, it still appears to me that you have a double standard and, with
respect to the FreeBSD project, intend to prevent me from accomplishing
anything of significance.

I cannot get you to implement suggested improvements which are completely
defined and the code for them exists. Neither can I make improvements to
the make system because the incremental steps are of no value to those who
do not understand the bigger picture. Nor can I "demonstrate" the finished
product because I have to shoot at a moving target and will never be able
to catch up.

HOW CAN I contribute?