Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 15:09:40 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   audio - help

trying to get some "noise" coming out of my speakers. dmesg cites the
integrated audio on my Abit VA6 motherboard - AC97. I did a # sh
/dev/MAKEDEV snd0   and that added alot of associated devices in my /dev. I
installed waveplay from the packages ( I can't find man/documentation on
waveplay ) and then tried:

# waveplay SOUND108.WAV
File name : SOUND108.WAV
Sampling rate : 11025 HZ
Bits/sample : 8 bits
Channels : 1
Size : 7498 Bytes
openDSP: Device not configured

i got no sound but i got the text output above.

Anyone know what I sould do to get this working?

THANKS