Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:16:07 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for IDE CD writers?

HP 9100i works like a champ, cdrecord won't work, at least I haven't
figured out how to get it detected with SCSI emulation.  I just use
burncd and it does all I need.  Fwiw, the HP seems much faster than the
same drive I'd used at work but in an NT station.  Reliability with
burning has been 100% in FreeBSD as well.

man burncd, I think you will find it quite simple to use.
* Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com> [010420 11:15]:
> Please CC me on any replies.  TIA.
>
> I would like to install a CD burner in my FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE machine.
> I have looked at the supported hardware list and it talks about
> SCSI-attached CD burners being supported.
>
> The price of the SCSI burner could be a hangup with the wife.
>
> Does FreeBSD support IDE-attached CD burners?
> As a point of reference, I'm looking at the HP 8250i or 9150i.
> Cheers...
> --
> Try not.  Do or do not.  There is no try. -- Yoda

  / //_(_)__  _http://www.kingsqueak.org _/ /__
            /___/      /_/GPG KEY finger
	    	      @daemon.kingsqueak.org