Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 19:05:54 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP filtering

Hi, all.

Calling PPP automatically, at boot up is solved and I intend to make a
step-by-step explanation soon.

As soon as I can solve this next problem:

When I boot the machine, for soome reason, it starts dialing and wants to
stabilish a connection, w/o any requisition, aparently.

I read the man pages, the ppp.conf.filter.sample, but I couldn't get it to
work right.

I would apreciate any help.

Additionally, I am trying to figure out how to deny access for users whose
IP address (in the LAN. Not valid one for the Internet) are :

150.150.150.152

150.150.150.155 to 150.150.150.162

Again, reading the man pages was not all thet clatifying.

Where could I find some more examples/texts to understand filtering ?

Thank you.

[my ppp.conf]

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0M0L0 OK-AT-OK
 \\dATDP\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set redial 5 10
 set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier hdlc LCP IPCP CCp tun
#################
#
#################
mp:
 set phone 2345678
 set login "TIMEOUT 15 blablabla"
 set authname loginname
 set authkey passwrd
 set timeout 600
 set openmode active
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0

 # filtering taken from ppp.conf.filter.sample and slighly changed

# Don't keep Alive with ICMP,DNS and RIP packets
#
 set afilter 0 deny icmp
 set afilter 1 deny udp src eq 53
 set afilter 2 deny udp dst eq 53
 set afilter 3 deny udp src eq 520
 set afilter 4 deny udp dst eq 520
 set afilter 5 permit 0/0 0/0
#
# Don't let ICMP packets cause us to dial
#
 set dfilter 0 deny icmp
 set dfilter 1 permit 0/0 0/0
#
# Allow ident packets to pass through
#
 set ifilter 0 permit tcp dst eq 113
 set ofilter 0 permit tcp src eq 113
#
# Deny telnet connections to the Internet
#
 set ifilter 1 deny tcp src eq 23 estab
 set ofilter 1 deny tcp dst eq 23

 delete ALL