Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 12:33:22 -0400
From:      Jon Parise <jcptch@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: One password base for some *NIX boxes

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 06:42:06AM -0400, Troy Settle wrote:

> You say NIS+Kerberos?  I thought those were 2 independant auth
> schemes (like how MD5 and DES are mutually exclusive encryption
> schemes, but can co-exist).  Guess I got a lot more reading as to
> what Kerberos is.  I did make a short search for documents and
> guides at one time, but failed to pull anything up.  Can you
> cough up a URL to a fairly comprehensive guide to setting up and
> using kerberos?

We run NIS and kerberosV on our machines here.  NIS handles the
passwd / group distribution and kerberos handles all of the
authentication / certificate passing.  They're not mutually
exclusive.

I'm afraid I don't know of any immediate references, though.

--
Jon Parise (parise@pobox.com)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology
http://www.pobox.com/~parise/  :  Computer Science House Member