Date:      Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:02:47 +0800
From:      Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Martin Ammerm?ller <martin.ammermueller@bnro.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: tin-1.7.7

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 07:44:07PM +0200, Martin Ammerm?ller wrote:
> : inline
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently testing tin. I found out that the --with-screen=ncurses
> configure switch breaks the displaying of multibyte-characters (i'm using the
> de_DE.UTF-8 locale). Neither using --with-screen=curses nor
> --with-screen=ncursesw (configure chokes on this option with a message like
> "ncursesw.h not found") fixed this. Only disabling this configure option
> makes tin to behave correctly. But without curses-support scrolling
> off-screen is rather slow.
>
> I've attached some screenshots of tin in konsole with de_DE.UTF-8 locale. tin
> behaves this way with and without ANSI-colors.
>
> best regards
> Martin
> --
> Jabber-ID: tenco@jabber.ccc.de
> 	http://www.jabber.org
> An Anarchist FAQ Webpage:
> 	http://www.anarchi

Hi, Martin, I sent PR ports/78990 to update news/tin.
I use --with-screen=termcap in chinese/tin to display doublebyte characters
correctly in zh_TW.Big5

and ache, could you please take a look again on ports/78990?
Especially the knobs about CONFIGURE_ARGS in Makefile.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/78990

thanks,
--
Yen-Ming Lee [utf7:+Z05fZWYO] | KeyID:0x5EB52E51 | Taipei, Taiwan

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--