Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:01:39 +1000
From:      Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does 7-CURRENT (aka cvsup tag=.) build under 6-STABLE?

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 05:24:16AM -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> i just upgraded two RELENG_6 boxes to 7-CURRENT last eve.  no prob.
> i was silly and broke the union rules by following the instructions
> at the bottom of /usr/src/UPDATING.  it is extremely rare that i
> have had problems on this path, 4 to 5, 5 to 6, 6 to 7.  have not
> tried 7 to 8 yet.

Thanks for the "it works" reports, folks.  Re-supped and
currently re-building, and it seems to be going OK now.  Yes,
I've upgraded in-place on most previous occasions, too.  (Only
exception was to 6, from memory, because a dump/wipe/install/restore
seemed to be the easiest way to get UFS2 onto the disks...)

Oh: there's an 8?  I didn't think that 7 had been
tagged/branched, yet.

Cheers,

--
Andrew