Date:      25 Oct 2002 08:26:22 -0400
From:      Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netbeans

Anyone using NetBeans for Java development on FreeBSD?  Good, bad, ugly?

Also, are there any good multi-language GUI IDEs for FreeBSD?  At the
moment I use SciTE for my coding (lots of languages supported for syntax
highlighting), then Makefiles for project management, which is "pretty
good".

I would like something similar to the NetBeans interface, but with
support for other language "plugins" (providing project management,
syntax highlighting, compiler configurations, GUI interface to existing
debugging tools, etc), AND an existing archive of plugins for numerous
languages, since I am too lazy to write my own.  ;)

I am not interested in using vi or emacs, or any such spin-offs.  I am
primarily looking for language support for C, C++, Java, PERL, PHP,
Python, and LISP.

I would prefer something free and in the ports collection, but I am open
to commercial offerings as well, as long as it runs on FreeBSD (because
I am not willing to switch to Linux).

Thanks all!
-Matt