Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:44:40 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        rikus@ittc.co.za
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [rikus@ittc.co.za: Re: Freebsd Training]

--G9m07da55tKJni3T

Rikus,

Kris Kennaway forwarded your email on to me.

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 05:00:35AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> We would like to develop FreeBSD courseware and a support centre for Free=
BSD
> users in South Africa. If it is possible, we would like to be associated
> with FreeBSD / Berkeley.
>=20
> We feel there is a need for certified FreeBSD support and training in Sou=
th
> Africa, we have a training centre and the resources available to develop
> courseware for FreeBSD.
>=20
> We feel that we would be recognised if we had support from FreeBSD /
> Berkeley.

That's certainly very encouraging to hear.

However, as I'm sure you're aware, the FreeBSD project is a global
volunteer effort.  There is no one "FreeBSD Organisation" for you to be
associated with in any formal sense.  The FreeBSD project also does not
have any formal ties with the University California, Berkeley, either.

Of course, that does prevent us from linking to information about your
training courses from the FreeBSD web site, and other forms of
publicity.  And I'm sure that creation of FreeBSD courseware is a
newsworthy event that will appear on the FreeBSD site, and sites like
DaemonNews and Slashdot.

Speaking as a European IT Consultant I also know of FreeBSD related=20
organisations that would be interested in partnering with you in developing=
=20
courseware and other training materials.  Please let me know if you
would like more information.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--G9m07da55tKJni3T

--G9m07da55tKJni3T--