Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:40:12 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Globally busted MIME in 2.7.90

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 13:23:43 EDT, Joe Marcus Clarke scribbled these
curious markings:
> That just seems wrong.  I have not seen this at all.  I wonder if this
> is all based on the Catalog problem (or at least the same code base).  I
> found another bug on this:

I'm going to try installing FreeBSD and GNOME 2.7 in an emulator to see
if it happens from a clean setup.=20

> > Also, if I try to associate /usr/X11R6/bin/gedit with C files in the "O=
pen=20
> > With" tab under the Properties dialog of a .c file, it doesn't show up =
in the=20
> > list view of that tab.
>=20
> Okay, this is known issue.  It won't show up immediately, but if you
> close the Properties window then re-open it, gedit will be there.

Not for me. It refuses to add or change anything. If I associate gedit
with a .c file, close the properties dialog, and try to open the file, I
get the "Couldn't display $file." error. Upon reopening the dialog, it
still shows me the "No applications selected" message.

Sigh. Any tips on running Nautilus under gdb? :-)

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--