Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:07:46 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make aout-to-elf on -current?

In message <19990416164237.N27806@lemis.com> Greg Lehey writes:
: I spent a week trying to upgrade from 3.0-CURRENT of about August last
: year to 4.0-CURRENT of the beginning of April.  I finally gave up
: going the direct way and upgraded first to 3.1-STABLE and from there
: to 4.0-CURRENT.  I have 22 MB of make output to show for it.  Most of
: the problems appear to have to do with the change in compiler.

After reading the UPDATING file, I realized just how silly a question
this was :-).  a.out make world is broken in -current with egcs.  So,
I did a cvs co -rRELENG_3 and that seems to be getting much farther
than the -current one did.

Warner