Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:57:19 -0500
From:      Tony Johnson <gjohnson@gs.verio.net>
To:        Scott Myron <scottie@scottsburg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD is being extremely slow..

I have an older PPro system with:
Diamnd Viper 550 pci
Diamond Monster Sound MX300
3950b U2 Scsi card
4 hard disks of varying manufacturers
SMC EtherPower II
256M edo ram

All hard disks/cdrom are scsi.  I also have a DSL to Verio.

I experience no problems such as these.  I am using FreeBSD
5.0-Current.  I am also using Xfree86 4.0, with it's root
compromise(s).  *Wonmder*...  But anyway, I am not saying to go with
Current but I do think that you may have a hardware problem in your
system.  Just because it works in Windoze is not an diagnsis.