Date:      	Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:47:39 -1000
From:      Mark William Acosta <mwa@hawaii.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aloha!

> Are you talking about the "abase" software I see demo'd there?

Yes, 'Abase' is the software I am talking about

> It looks quite interesting, and I'd be very interested in knowing how
> it could be applied more or less immediately in the following 3 areas:
>
> 	1. Commercial vendor entries.
> 	2. New release information.
> 	3. Post-a-project page

	Abase is comprehensive. It can handle passwords and different
users so that isn't a problem. We could have a database(s)(faq's,
howto's,projects,etc)  that Authentic user's could edit as they
wish. Abase can then process the database
with the appropriate layout and there you have your updated html page. So
this can certainly be done online with a decent browser. You just have to
back sure the design and layout of the page is cool.
	The post-a-project page would be pretty easy to implement. Take a
look at
http://167.216.3.16/smotherparty/new/
Check out fan club guestbook
and Smother board and the chat thing too if you want.
also look at
http://167.216.3.16/lorrin.wong/

These are all done with Abase
The design of this is kinda crappy. We have to find someone with an
artistic touch. I strongly believe in keeping things simple and automated
as much as possible. I think our 'abase' is a step in that direction for
webstuff.
	Oh, the database needs to be tab delimited for the moment. If your
database is some other form I am pretty sure we can make it fit. Sorry
this email is so ugly. Let me know what you think!
			Mark