Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:36:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      David Nugent <davidn@blaze.net.au>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux pread() / pwrite()

Is there any particular reason why we do not gate Linux pread()/pwrite()
syscalls into our kernel's version of the same functions? Linux and BSD
manpages don't seem to indicate that there's some difference, but I note
that Linux emulation currently defines them as stubs only.

Interbase 6.0 Linux binaries seem to run fine when the appropriate gating
of this syscall is done. It apparently uses pread()/pwrite() extensively
for accessing databases, and there's been no sign of corruption of any
problem at all.