Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:50:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp), dima@unixfreak.org (Dima Dorfman), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to fix panic when detaching a mounted md device

It seems Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <8773.984501263@critter> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
> : >We should then fix the rest of the system to deal with disks that
> : >disappear without notice.
> :
> : That was the point yes :-)
>
> Cool.  When this happens, the forgetful ata flash ejectors of the
> world will be happy :-)

The next commit to the ATA driver will take care off this, either
by the user doing 'atacontrol detach dev' or by the timeout code
discovering that a divice went missing and proberly fail all the
outstanding bio requests..

This all needed the patch to subr_disk.c that I made earlier today,
but now we can actually do it, however some of the cleanup action
should be done by the higher levels and not by the device driver...

-Søren