Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:34:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Bill Mitcheson <turtle@pyramus.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I need a script.

On 2001-03-15, Bill Mitcheson scribbled:

# We would like to have a script that would search for the named process
# and restart it if it is not found. Any help would be greatly
# appreciated!

I think ISC BIND includes a command called ndc that you can use to stop,
start or poll the status of named. Unfortunately, ndc on one of our DNS
servers at work broke when we upgraded it to 8.2.3

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]

// 404b - Brain not found