Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2001 21:04:48 -0400
From:      Stuart Krivis <ipswitch@apk.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiler? (was: The desktop apathy)

--Apple-Mail-1181393193-1

On Monday, May 28, 2001, at 05:47 AM, Fredrik Olausson wrote:

> [...]

I am using a B&W G3 350. It runs quite well. You can actually get a
refurbished G4 for under $1000, so that's an option too.

I like my G3 because it has ADB, USB, and Firewire. I can use old
accessories on the ADB bus. However, the newer G4 machines have a faster
bus and AGP video.

--Apple-Mail-1181393193-1

<excerpt>I'm toying with the idea of buying one of those ibooks, too.
It would

probably have been an easier decision if Mac OS X actually ran X

natively.  As things stand, most of my favourite programs will

probably not run at all, or be pretty unstable...

</excerpt>

 What would be a good system on which to run MacOS X? I've heard that
the

 system needs a G4 as a minimum, so I guess a cheap, used, iMac is out
of

the

 question?

</excerpt>

I am using a B&W G3 350. It runs quite well. You can actually get a
refurbished G4 for under $1000, so that's an option too.

I like my G3 because it has ADB, USB, and Firewire. I can use old
accessories on the ADB bus. However, the newer G4 machines have a
faster bus and AGP video.

</color>

</color>
--Apple-Mail-1181393193-1--