Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:13:38 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Dead Line <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape, 3 term windows,!!

Dead Line wrote:

> This is in FreeBSD 3.2 -Release
>
> 1- I installed the Netscape and some other things from the port
>      collection, when I type # Netscape  in one of the Term windows
>      in X window, it will give me an error massage says
>      ?Couldn?t pen /usr/libexec/ld.so?   !
>      I again, did not do anything, but adding the Netscape package!
>      How I can Solve this please and run the Netscape ?

Three rhetorical questions: Was this the Linux netscape? Did you install
the Linux compatibility package? Is the Linux compatibility daemon on?
Package dependencies should have picked these up...

One obvious question: does Netscape (with a capital N) exist on your
system? Do a "whereis Netscape". Somehow I'm guessing that you need to
type in 'netscape' with a lowercase 'n'.

David