Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:40:41 -0500
From:      "Michael C. Cambria" <mcc@fid4.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting rtadvd with multiple interfaces

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:

>>On 4.10-Stable & 5.3-Stable, I'm able to forward IPv6 traffic just fine
>>when I manually start rtadvd.  However, each reboot, only one interface
>>supplied to rtadvd_interfaces actually gets enabled.  ps ax shows just
>>one interface supplied and hosts just never see the router
>>advertisements.  Only when I kill the process, and restart manually do
>>all interfaces get enabled.
>

> At least on a 4.8R(with some patches) machine, the following in
> /etc/rc.conf works fine:
>
> rtadvd_interfaces="fxp0 gif0 gif1 gif2 gif3"

On 4.10 Stable and 5.3 stable listing more than one interface doesn't
"work" for me.  By work I mean rtadvd isn't running on all interfaces I
supply to rtadvd_interfaces in rc.conf.

Since I can start rtadvd manually, I'm curious about your setup.  Are
you using tspc to setup tunnels (at boot)?  If not, this may be my
problem.  I've never tried rebooting without the tunnel, so I'll try
that when I get a chance.  I'll bet rtadvd is being started just fine,
then tspc starts up and changes things.

We're actually using IPv6 so I can't just take it down at the moment to
try my theory.

Thanks,
MikeC