Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:15:03 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reverse Mirroring... Kinda?

Hi,
I don't quite know what to call this but Reverse Mirroring... What I
want to do is this:

Have some directories monitored so that when a file is changed with in
them the system starts an ftp
session and uploads the changed files to a specified location on the
host ftp...

So its sorta like Reverse Mirroring or Forced Mirroring or maybe it
could be called Active Mirroring,
anyway I don't know if there is anything that can do this?

Can CVS do something that like?
The closest thing I have been able to do to this is have any changed
files uploaded via a cron script that ran
every 5 mins, but that's very inefficient on cpu time and network
resources with all the constant connections to
the ftp site to check if the files are different or not, when 95% of the
time the files are probably the same...

Any ideas anyone?

Hmm, well thanks people!
Kal.