Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 10:23:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.0-970124-SNAP install and packages

OK, installing on my 486DX33 w/Adaptec 1542 and a 3C503 connected to
a network with a gateway machine with a 28.8kbps uplink to the internet
went MUCH better this time, up until I got to the packages.  The after
making my (pretty extensive) selections, the main screen went to
"Got INDEX successfully, now building packages menu.." while on the F2
virtual term it shows
DEBUG: package check for XXX returns failure
where XXX is all sorts of packages (maybe all of them) but certainly
including ones that I didn't pick explicitly and I don't think as
dependencies, either, and finally ending with
ldconfig: /usr/local/lib: No such file or directory
DEBUG: FTP shutdown called.  OpenConn = 1e6b3c

I can't remember the way to make these virtual terms scroll backwards,
so I'll leave this system in this state until I either here that someone
wants more information, or that none more is needed.  This system won't
be needed for anything else for a day or two.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release and snapshot!
Just let me know what more I can do to help.

		 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG	    USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417